Sunday, December 14, 2014

Grand Illusion Step 3

I've been able to get a start on this weeks clue, but still have quite a way to go (somehow work always gets in the way) - - - tomorrow I plan to spend lots of quality time making more of these beauties!
When I'm quilting I always think of my Grandma Carolyn, she introduced  my siblings and I to sewing when we were very young since it was  her pastime and her way of making a living as a seamstress at a number of upscale stores in the Twin Cities.
I'm working my blocks up on the beautiful "White" sewing machine she gave me as a graduation present way back in the 70's. It was a used machine when she purchased it for me, and still works great, I just oil it up when needed, keep the lint down, and listen to my fav. book or TV series!
In one of my earlier posts I posted that I'm using scraps for the start of a crumb quilt - I don't have any real plans for how it will look in the end, but I've been adding to the group as I work on all my projects.

Stop on over to Bonnie Hunters site Quiltville to see how everyone else is doing!
You can see we're all having lots of fun!


9 comments:

  1. WOW! You look just like your Grandma! Great blocks.

    Tammy
    High River, AB, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories of your Grandma. Your crumbs are very pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your greens, and that sewing machine - GORGEOUS! Some of those old ones put the new computerized whirlygigs to shame. ;) Oh, and your crumbs look interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have that legacy! Your clue is looking good! I am from Eau Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I saw it on the BH link up for this week. I am in Rochester too. Good work neighbor! Kathy Aho in MN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am close to Roch...maybe we should start our SE BH Club!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Fabrics! Love your units...your crumbs are just Darling..I save them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely story! And great blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mystery blocks are looking good, beautiful old machine, and I love your rainbow crumbs!

    ReplyDelete