Monday, December 8, 2014

Grand Illusion Step 2

I've been having a great time working on this step, love the colors, 

love how accurate they are turning out following Bonnie's first option for making this block.

I have to admit I was a little concerned about making this one since I hadn't been able to start it right away on Friday, as many of Bonnie's followers on Facebook had, and before I even printed out the instructions and read them myself, I was feeling others concerns and problems with making the blocks, but as it turned out, the first option sounded the easiest for me since I didn't want to be sewing or trimming any extra triangles.

I  still need to do some trimming on my blocks, but little by little I'll be getting them done before the next clue comes out!

 

 
 ******************************************
The whole time I was working on these I was thinking of one of my favorite candies (must be the colors), and IF I left the house today, I was going to buy some - but it was much more fun to work on my blocks.


 **********************************************
Be sure to jump on over to  Bonnie Hunters Blog  to keep up with everyone else!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely diamond units, and very interesting block layout. It is real easy to think about that yummy licorice with the colors we are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy is making me hungry. I have to go out so my stitching is delayed again today. These are candy colors to be sure. Great going on the Clue 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clue twos are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks and I love that kind of candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Rochester. A few of us from the Spencerport Quilting Bee are doing Bonnie's quilt. I just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete