Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Bonnie Hunters new Mystery Quilt 2014

I'll be doing my 4th Bonnie Mystery!      Bonnie Hunters Grand Illusion

So far all I've done is print out the info from Bonnie's site and start pulling out colors I think will work (also I'm cleaning up my sewing room).
As I'm working away I'm thinking of all the others that have done these mysteries in colors that are different from Bonnie's selections, and how beautiful they have been, I wish I had the courage to change up the color way for my quilt, we shall see!
As usual, I'm listening to a book on my IPod, downloaded from the Rochester MN public library, this one has been so very interesting AND educational.

The Buddha in the Attic tells a story of many Japanese women that come to the USA to marry American men they have never met - and how life treats them and their families through the years. 
I remember learning of this long ago, but now that I am older and look at life through older eyes, I see the reality of what people endured long ago to come to this great country, and now I've met some wonderful people that endured many hardships to be able to come to the America.
As a high school junior or senior I took part in a contest through the VFW to write an essay "The Voice of Democracy" and my subject was how the United States of America was a melting pot of people from.....
I wish I had a copy of that essay to re-read as I think of it often as I work with so many people that have come from different lands, and the struggle some of them had to get here.  I recall I took 2nd place in that contest, and still feel pride of recognizing how everyone of us can tell a story of our ancestors and their struggles that brought them to this wonderful country.  
God Bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment