Friday, May 9, 2014

Time for an update on Celtic Solstice

Here I am again, its been a while since I've posted an update - been working hard, and I've completed my Celtic Solstice and wanted to share the finished product.

I always love working on Bonnie Hunter mysteries, and I'm look forward to the next on already, although it won't be out for quite a while, I wonder if she's been working on it yet????


I just did a meander design for the quilting on this piece, I had it hanging on my wall for so long trying to decide what to do on it, and just had a mental block - couldn't come up with anything else I
wanted to do.

This is a gift for my youngest son, and he's always been somewhat of a wanderer, so I think the meander design is just right for him.











The border I like to use on many of my quilts is a "Flange" border, the way
it works up is so nice since you don't have
any hand sewing to do!












Now that Celtic Solstice is complete, I'll finish off  "Easy Street" - just a tiny bit of hand work to do on that, and it I'll be able to post it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment