Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The End of the Road for Easy Street

Art by Lillian Elesieve Nesler




ALMOST the end of the road!  I'm still working my way through the final blocks, and day by day I'm completing more. Normal little life things get in the way, but I have to get some machine time in each day, or I just feel like something is missing.
All Border and corner blocks are done, all the "components" cut and pieced, and I'm working on the center blocks as I go, working from one corner on through the rest of the quilt.
Bonnie's colors are great, and I'm seeing some of the folks that have gone with their own choice of colors is AMAZING!
Now I'm even looking forward to next years mystery and thinking I may change up the colors  on that one. Bonnie always says to go ahead and do that......

This is where I'm at with my layout.

 Right now I have another 3 blocks in the works, and hope to have the top completed in a couple of weeks. I don't have the borders planned out yet, but  hope some inspiration will come. Many times I've had the inspiration come in the middle of the night - must be where someone long ago came up with the phrase "sleep on it".  I think I'll go and try it now!

3 comments:

  1. I, too, started my blog because of Bonnie Hunter......your progress is great! Can't wait to see the end result! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is coming together beautifully. I'm also completing Easy Street. I've done all of the triangles and 10 of 16 block As. Once I finish those and all of the Block Bs, I'll be ready to put it together. This is my first mystery with Bonnie. For the next one, I may need to create a blog too! I love seeing everyone's progress. It's so motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the turquoise pops through the paler greens. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete