Monday, April 6, 2015

Self Mitered Log Cabin - My new favorite quilt


 done using the paper piecing templates  from her book




 I quilted this on my Sunshine 16 doing alternating rows of feathers and straight stitch lines following the diagonals of the blocks. Every step of this process was really enjoyable, from choosing fabrics that would play well with each other to cutting them on my Accuquilt GO! to sewing them on the paper piecing templates found in the book. 
 My daughter Kelly helped me with the quilt sandwich - we did this before I had surgery for Hyperperathyroidism -  something I never heard of before my annual physical at the end of 2014. Since the surgery I've had a bit more energy, and pinned the quilt I'm currently quilting, it's my Bonnie Hunter Mystery Grand Illusion. I hope to have that one completed within the next couple weeks.

As always my sweet baby Winston needs to get in on the action. He loves snuggling up in my quilts whether they are still in progress or complete - as you can see in this picture I am adding the binding and he's taking a nap!

1 comment:

  1. I stopped by to see your Self-Mitered Log Cabin. Such gifted transitioning your fabric! I've enjoyed looking at ALL of your quilts - so very beautiful. -Anita

    ReplyDelete