Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Modern Quilt Top FINISHED!

This was such a fun project, I've been pushing myself to get it done, I was trying to have it completed in time to post the link on Leah Days site, but missed by a few hours - a gal has to sleep ya know....
I sewed the blocks on my Viking, but did the quilting on my Sunshine 16 Quilter following Leah's instructions for her modern quilt.
The quilting designs Leah suggested to use make it somewhat of a sampler. Some of the stitches I didn't think I'd care for, but went with them anyway, and now I see I'll be using them in the future, "Loopy Line" was my favorite, also used Circuit Board, Stipple, Sharp Stipple, and Zippling. Another stitch I threw into some of the smaller areas was Pebble.


After working on this "quilt along" I'm going to keep my eyes open for more, sure like the directions she gives, and sort of like Craftsy, I can go back to look later......

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your quilt !! Great job on the quilting.
    I have a Penny frame with a Juki machine..I love the frame, wish I had more throat room.
    I will look forward to seeing more of your quilting. I am getting to really like the modern quilts..we are waiting for some new fabric and patterns in our shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to think beyond the project. Pebbles is a great filler for a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric looks great on the white background. Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - you're quilting looks fabulous and I love the green batiks - SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice, Pam! Your fabric selection is beautiful - the greens virtually glow. I'm behind on mine also....hoping to finish it up today and post it next week. Good idea on photographing the back so the quilting shows up - I'll be using that idea!

    Thanks for visiting my blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting. I signed up for those Craftsy class as well. I called today to order my Sunshine 16. Do you still totally love it?

    ReplyDelete