Sunday, December 28, 2014

Our Christmas Gift From Bonnie

What a great clue for Christmas week - some easy blocks that went together pretty fast so we all had time to do our other holiday activities!



In my case, my "holiday activity" was working on other quilts.

One of the quilts I worked on may have been nice to give as a Christmas gift, but it was kind of nice that I was still working on the quilting when my Granddaughter  Grace,
who will be recieving the quilt was able to watch me doing part of the
process - swirls and hearts make up the quilting design on her
1000 pyramids quilt.

  She had fun watching and she thought I should
be able to get it done while she was there -
no can do, BUT  I was about 3/4's of the way done by Christmas evening, and as of Sunday afternoon - right before Bonnie came on for Quilt Cam, I was done with the quilting! Binding will come tomorrow!







My big trial of working on this quilt was WINSTON my cat - he just has to try out the quilts every chance he gets, even while I'm still working on them at the sewing machine!







 *************************************************

I had a nice surprize Sunday Evening, my son Troy & his girlfriend stopped by with a Christmas gift he made for me. I was pretty surprised by it, it's such a cute papermache snowman, and I'm happy I'll be able to keep it out for a few months since winter is sure to stay around for a while yet - just need to find a place for him that Winston won't bother.




Just for fun here's a little video of my Granddaughter Grace Victoria with one of her Christmas gifts. Grace requested a bird - thankfully, not a live one.  Grace refers to this bird as a cock (giggle), must think it's a Rooster...

Be sure to check out what the other mystery quilters have been working on  on Bonnie's Site.

4 comments:

  1. looking great..love your Winston..he's got mischief in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quilting a gift for my nephew over a week ago and my little Midgie felt she must assist me too. It's a cat thing. Midgie, Squeaky and Zorro invite Winston to visit on Fridays for Feline Friday!! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable snowman, those kind of gifts are so wonderful. And it would seem we all have a cat on our knee when trying to sew the binding on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your GIMQ units are looking good! Winston obviously takes his job as quilt inspector very seriously.

    ReplyDelete