Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another Bonnie Hunter Completed! Scrappy Spiderweb

I've been trying to complete some of the projects I started over a year ago - before I took a fall on the ice which made it difficult to sit at the sewing machine, get on the floor to make up the quilt sandwich, and get the free motion quilting done - I'm now digging out those projects, and it's time to update the blog with my progress!
I found inspiration for this on Bonnie Hunters site .  I used pages from an old telephone book to sew my scraps to - the paper was very easy to remove once the sections were complete.


I do the free motion quilting on my Sunshine 16, I have to admit I'm very rusty at it since it's been so long since I've worked on my quilts, but it sure is fun getting back into the process.
 
I started wrapping the binding around an antique spool I had laying around - I put it between my knees as I sew - goes so nice compared to how I use to just have it rolled up and hope it didn't end up in a knot!

Hand sewing the binding to the back of the quilt - took a few evenings, but It's like a reward after all the other work that went into this project. - as you can see hanging on the wall beyond my feet are my next 2 projects to quilt up - again Bonnie Hunter projects, mystery quilts EASY STREET, and CELTIC SOLSTICE.



No comments:

Post a Comment